Adventure and thrill are all one needs to live life to its fullest. There are many activities and stunts one must try in life-time and experience the tingle. Some intrepid activities are- paragliding, surfing, underwater diving, bungee jumping, parasailing, sky-diving, zip-lining, and many more.
The term parasailing refers to wearing a parachute and sailing while being towed by a motorboat or other vehicle. It is also known as parascending and parakiting.
It was originated in the early 90s and gained popularity. It was invented in 1962 by Pierre-Marde Lemoigne. In 1974, the first self-contained parasail launch took place under the guidance of Mark McCulloh.
Spots for Parasailing around the World
- Copacabana in Rio de Janeria, Brazil
- Miami in Florida, USA
- Cape Town in South Africa
- Goa in India
- Hawaii in the USA
- Phuket in Thailand
- Key West in Florida and USA
- Bali in Indonesia and many more.
Parakiting in India
There are beautiful spots for parakiting in India. Some are beaches, some are hills, and some are plain deltas. Every place gives a unique experience. Each location provides a different view. Few splendid places for parakiting in India are:
- Manali and Bir Billing in Himachal Pradesh
- Mussoorie in Uttarakhand
- Jaipur in Rajasthan
- Kamshet in Maharashtra
- Nandi Hills in Karnataka
- Kerala and many more.
Difference between Parasailing and Paragliding
In parakiting, a specially designed parachute called parasail is used. During this activity, the parasail is attached to a vehicle such as a motorboat or a car.
Free-flying paragliders are foot-launched in paragliding. They are not attached to any vehicle.
Types of Parasailing
- Winch Boat- In this type, the parasail is fastened to a motorboat, and parakiting is performed over water bodies. It is the most common type of parakiting in India.
- Land- It is performed on large landmasses such as deserts. Here the parasail is attached to a jeep or a vehicle.
- Beach- The landing and taking off takes place on the beaches. A person is harnessed and pulled by the boat. Experts’ observation and guidance are a must while performing beach parakiting.
Activities like paragliding and parakiting provide a splendid experience. sunshinedestin.com parasailing is one of the audacious activities one can try who loves thrill and adventure. Though it is fun to try the thrilling activities, they also possess enormous risks in life. One should follow all the safety measures provided before performing the desired action. Apart from the external safety measures, one should be mentally prepared to carry out the exciting activities and experience them to the fullest.